• This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
• What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
Dear reader, you are now entering my mind. Strap in, it's gonna be great. 🤯😉 I have struggled with fear since a very young age, but it really surfaced in my late teens and early 20's. My secret weapon? Turns out it was so secret I didn't know how to use it for a stretch, my relationship with my God. See, unlike someone who does not believe in God, a believer has a deep assurance, no matter the anxiety, that God is on their side. At least, when you're perspective of Him is correct. Although I may still battle anxiety on the daily, I have overcome a lot. It has taken a great deal of support from friends, family, and counseling. Friend, if you feel like you'll never rise above the petrifying chains of fear, I'm here to tell you, you can. Get to know God. I cannot stress that enough. Knowing that the God of the universe is on your side, is life changing. Seek God, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Also, don't be discouraged by failure. Sometimes faith takes practice. Below are 3 milestones in my journey to conquering fear. They may seem silly, but overcoming each of these has given me the courage to overcome others in the future.
• I used to be uneasy about driving anywhere past the Harbor when I first got my license. I have since driven in Florida, California, all over Washington, and across the U.S. to South Dakota.
• I used to be afraid of water. Okay, I still kind of am.. BUT I floated the river with my husband's family.. and didn't die! It was actually enjoyable and I'd do it again. I even want to trying kayaking someday.
• My most recent accomplishment is riding roller coasters at Silverwood. Something I could not do 3 years earlier at Disney World.
I am not a professional counselor, but I am a text, email, or phone call away. Don't give up, rely on the Father who loves you so much, and just do life to the fullest.